How to use a grass trimmer: The grass trimmer is one of the most essential handy gardening tools to make the lawn very charming. It is very easy to use and also a reliable machine. Although there are various types of grass trimmer according to its shape and size based on the conducting system, all its principals are the same. It makes your lawn a manicured looking which facilitate to make your lawn various shape and size.
A proper trimming practice is an art and it can bring a good result for your lawn. If one wanted to be an expert lawnmower he has to follow many important things. He should find out many necessary questions related to the mower and lawn. If it’s you, please don’t be so hurry. All we know that slow and steady wins the race. Follow some easy procedure that is stated below.
How to Use a Grass Trimmer
If you do care I’m going to telling you some of the easy procedures related to the use of a grass trimmer.
Working system of a grass trimmer:
First of all, you have to know the working system of the grass trimmer. It is a handy gardening tool and the working system is so easy. As we know a string trimmer uses a blade to cut the grass but a grass trimmer uses a nylon line instead of a blade. The speed of the spins is so high that the conducting system is ready to cut the grass very easily. The line becomes so faster, is spun, and easily cuts the plant debris by using the centrifugal forces. The uses of the trimmer head in grass trimmer protected to user from the cutting grasses and debris through away from the ground.
There are a numerous number of sources which can pawer a grass trimmer. There are petrol grass trimmer (two strokes), electric grass trimmer, and battery grass trimmer. Among all of them, petrol sources are the best. Usually, It is one of the most powerful sources as the internal combustion engine is able to spin the wire faster. Surely this machine is very useful and the best option for cutting the dense patches of grasses. One the other hand electric and battery grass trimmer also works well but they do not so facilitate as a petrol engine and they don’t work so hard.
An electric trimmer will be attached with a cable to plug into the main power sources. So it is sometimes difficult to serve the power sources moreover, the extra plan is needed to supply the power sources as it needs a 10-12 meter of cables and make the size of your lawn or garden according to your cable.
First of all, you have to understand the direction of the spin of your trimmer. It is the most important thing of your trimmer that which direction your spin is running. In the case of an anti-clockwise direction, the trimmer will displace the grass from the left side and cut very well in the right side. On the other hand, if the spin is on the clockwise direction the trimmer will displace the grass from the right side and cut well in the left side. But the anti-clockwise direction is better to cut the grass of your lawn as the trimmer body in on your left-hand side and on your neck and cut the grass on the right side through away from your body.
Protection of eyes is the most important thing because a small piece of snapped line or debris can cause serious eye injury. So, it is eagerly needed to wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment). Shorts or sandals should be avoided. Heavy trouser, safety shoes, hearing protection, and anti-vibration gloves will give you some protection from a serious injury caused by glass, metal, nasty stuff, and heavy sound. This is the most time-consuming part of the job.
Things before operating your trimmer:
For the first thing, you have to inspect your ground before trimming the grass or shrubs and trees. You have to collect the glass, metals, pebbles, and stables, etc before trimming or edging and remove. Sometimes it may cause some serious injury of you and badly damage to your trimmer.
Some easy techniques for cutting:
- Parallel: This the most common techniques. Also, it is one of the best among all of the cutting of the grass trimmer. You must hold your grass trimmer in hand carefully on the cutting level and creates a simple and straight cut. Keep your foot in an even footing as the weight of the trimmer doesn’t affect the trimmer height. Trimmer height is also an important thing for fences and walls to make your lawn a manicured looking like an uneven cut can hamper your target.
- Tapering: Tapering is a handy method and it tilting the trimmer and the edge of the line is used to cut the grass at a definite angle. By cutting the grass in a definite angle the trimmer can create a clean look of the lawn edge.
- Edging: Edging is also one of the easy techniques with which the trimmer creates a vertical shape. The angle of the head of the trimmer is 90° edging is easy.
- Scything: It is also an important method and facilitates longer grass which can cover a good area in a short time. You have to swing your grass trimmer in a U-shaped motion. You will get a nice and clean cut if you keep yourself in a steady manner.
When you are operating a grass trimmer you have the bear in mind numerous things which can hamper your work very badly.
- First of all, you must be avoided the stones, pabbles, walls, and some other materials which can cause breakage of your trimmer line when you close contact your machine with them. So you should avoid this and must avoid close contact with this.
- You have to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to operate your machine. Any fault of your operating system can cause a breakage of the nylon line.
- You have to store your nylon line in a warm place in case of a cold place in the winter season. In the winter season because of cold weather, the nylon becomes hard and brittle. So you have to keep it in a warm place.
- You have to clean up your trimmer every time after its use. A clean trimmer can perform very well in case of a dirty trimmer.
- You have to change your line in a definite period of time according to your use. It largely depends on the season, lawn, and time of using the machine.